TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - For what is't worth: Once we had the minimum participants
People Seeking Info

Subject For what is't worth: Once we had the minimum participants

Posted by Ash's Z on January 31, 2018 at 10:21 PM
  This message has been viewed 596 times.

In Reply To I dunno, sounds on track to me.... posted by LJZTT on January 31, 2018 at 07:40 PM

Message in the groupbuy and the initial tooling manufacture deposit was made, the tooling was complete within just 40 days. The tooling consists of 8 separate CNC machined components to produce the shell molds for all three components as well as to produce the shell cores for the inner spaces of the final parts. The contractual agreement with the foundry was 50 days to tooling completion and sample production.

The tooling manufacture is the most time consuming (and most expensive) aspect in producing a component like this. They did this part 10 days quicker than agreed upon.

The agreement also states, upon financial penalty to them if not satisfied, that an order up to 100 parts can be fulfilled within no more than 20 days time; including the mold production, casting, assembly, polishing, and final machining. This first order is less than half of that request.

Not to kick sand at you at all, but unless one has experience in contracting outside manufacture of product, one cannot appreciate the complexities involved in such a process. I chose to use this company because they have a flawless track record over the ~8 years I've been using them. And they are coming through once again with impressive results.

On a side note: they also produce cast iron parts as well. I will soon be handing over my CAD drawings for my newest V-Band cast iron exhaust manifolds with external wastegate accommodations.... and also to produce endtanks for a new generation of water-air intercoolers for a new system I am currently working on.

Enthusiasts soon understand each other. --W. Irving.
Are you an enthusiast?

If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the
tailor.
Albert Einstein

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.